Northumberland County Council are looking for a Service Development Manager to join the team on a fixed term basis until March 2025.
This is a key role within the commissioning service in Adult Social Care which aims to progress accommodation options for adult care service users and will combine a strategic and operational elements.
The strategic elements are to develop and help implement the councils extra care and supported accommodation strategy by working with housing providers to assist in getting new developments off the ground. The council is particularly keen to increase the number of extra care facilities available across the county and the ideal candidate will be someone with a background as a housing developer and a track record in getting new developments up and running.
To work with strategic housing partners and a range of council colleagues to deliver new accommodation and services to Northumberland.
To identify strategic needs for new developments including location, scale and type
To support operational colleagues in finding the accommodation for social care service users.
· Excellent understanding of administration needs in a customer service environment.
· Working knowledge of repairs processes, procedures, and policies within a Housing environment.
· You will need to prove your right to work in the UK to NCC before you start working for us.
· Valid UK driving licence.
This role is full time (37 hours) and Band 10 Salary £47,420 - £51,515.
For further information, please see the attached job description and person specification.
Northumberland is world-renowned as a visitor destination and an ideal location to strike a perfect work/life balance. There is no better way of enjoying the picturesque scenery and stunning coastline than on an everyday basis!
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme (if applicable) – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- A range of salary sacrifice schemes are available
- Staff networks - run by staff, for staff, providing opportunities for peer networking, mutual support, staff development e.g. Apprenticeship, Armed Forces, ASD, Enable (disability), LGBT+, Menopause, Mental Wellbeing, Racial Equality.
British Sign Language: northumberlandcc-cs.signvideo.net
For those with speech difficulties or hearing loss: Text relay service dial 018001 01670 623930.