Northumberland County Council have an exciting opportunity within Northumberland Skills, we are looking for a creative and passionate individual who wants to work with young people.
Northumberland Skills deliver educational programmes to young people and adults across the county, in a range of different vocational areas.
The key aim of the post is to ensure that prospective students receive high-quality Information, Advice and Guidance at assemblies, career events, and other activities throughout the year so that they make an informed choice about their post 16 studies.
This will involve working within the Marketing team to provide an innovative and proactive schools liaison service which develops and maintains effective relationships with partner/local schools, prospective students and their parents.
The post also will require the coordination and implementation of events across the Service that supports recruitment.
Flexibility is essential as evening work may be required for which lieu time will be accrued.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
- Be able to meet the travel needs of the role as you will be working across Northumberland to attend various venues and school settings
- Flexible working which may include evening and occasional weekend working
- Various based on site and off site with significant working on stakeholder premises
NCC INFO AND BENEFITS
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme (if applicable) – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- A range of salary sacrifice schemes are available
- Staff networks - run by staff, for staff, providing opportunities for peer networking, mutual support, staff development e.g. Apprenticeship, Armed Forces, ASD, Enable (disability), LGBT+, Menopause, Mental Wellbeing, Racial Equality
Please note that this is a permanent position but applications on a secondment or part-time basis would be considered for the right applicant.
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see the attached guidance notes here.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email email@example.com or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format, please see the alternative methods below. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
Alternative application format:
British Sign Language: northumberlandcc-cs.signvideo.net
For those with speech difficulties or hearing loss:
Text relay service dial 018001 01670 623930
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, and other websites, your application process will be directed to our Tribepad system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered on Tribepad, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Please check your emails regularly, including Spam/Junk, after the closing dates for notifications.