An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Social Work Support Assistant to join our enthusiastic Home Safe Hospital Discharge Service working at Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital (NSECH).
Whilst the post will predominantly be based at Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital (NSECH), we will require the successful candidate to be flexible in providing service cover at other hospitals across the County.
The post will be 37 hours per week on a 12-month fixed term contract.
You will work alongside and in partnership with individuals, families and carers using a range of interpersonal and communication skills in relationship to comprehensively assess individual need, set objectives, develop care plans and deliver appropriate interventions to facilitate safe hospital discharges. You will complete Urgent Needs Assessment, Mental Capacity Assessments and collaborate with a range of external services to access any resources required to meet the care and support needs you have identified.
As you work to provide a comprehensive assessment, you will benefit from a good balance of autonomy and support. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of your caseload but will have regular supervision and the full support of your Team Manager.
The salary range for this fixed term contract position is £26,421– £28,770
Please refer to the job description and person specification for full details.
For an informal discussion please contact Sue Straker (Team Manager) on 07966489763.
Northumberland is world-renowned as a visitor destination and an ideal location to strike a perfect work/life balance. There is no better way of enjoying the picturesque scenery and stunning coastline than on an everyday basis!
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme (if applicable) – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- A range of salary sacrifice schemes are available
- Staff networks - run by staff, for staff, providing opportunities for peer networking, mutual support, staff development e.g. Apprenticeship, Armed Forces, ASD, Enable (disability), LGBT+, Menopause, Mental Wellbeing, Racial Equality
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email email@example.com or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format, please see the alternative methods below. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, and other websites, your application process will be directed to our Tribepad system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered on Tribepad, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Please check your emails regularly, including Spam/Junk, after the closing dates for notifications.