We are looking for a Social Work Support Assistant to work in our Care and Support Team based in Eddie Ferguson House, Blyth. If you are passionate about delivering a high-quality service, we would like to hear from you.
About the role:
As a key worker for adults with care needs over 18 years of age, you will be the main point of contact for support and advice to them and their families. You will also lead in ensuring their safety in their day to day lives and to help them live as full and independent a life as possible. The role will include responsibility for completing needs assessments, taking into consideration safeguarding, reviewing the need for continuing healthcare and promoting self-directed support.
You will work within a Care and Support Team which include social workers and care managers who will link closely with GP practices, community health services and district nurses.
You will need to have a strong commitment to enabling and empowering service users to live independently in the community and help them think creatively about how they can do that. There will be a focus on managing risk and ensuring service users are protected from significant harm. You will need to be able to work well within a team and independently, have good time management skills and an ability to prioritise.
You also need strong interpersonal, advocacy and communication skills. Solid IT skills are also needed to be able to input, use and retrieve data and information although full system training will be given.
• NVQ 3 in social care or equivalent
• Experience of working with adults in a social care setting
• Some knowledge of legislation relevant to mental health and adult social care
• Due to the nature of this role, it is an essential requirement of the role that the post holder has a valid driving license and has access to a car they can use for work purposes
The closing date for this post is midnight on 13th December 2023.
- 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme (if applicable) – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- A range of salary sacrifice schemes are available
- Staff networks - run by staff, for staff, providing opportunities for peer networking, mutual support, staff development e.g. Apprenticeship, Armed Forces, ASD, Enable (disability), LGBT+, Menopause, Mental Wellbeing, Racial Equality