Risk and Independence Specialist Advisor and Reviewing Practitioner x 2
We are looking for two highly skilled experienced Social Workers to join our Established Risk and Independence team in Adult Social care services within Northumberland County Council
These are permanent, full time (37) posts.
- The successful candidates will have a good working knowledge of legislative frameworks that underpin Adult social care practice and the ethos of promotion and completion of positive risk assessment. To enable service users to maximise their independence, life skills and achieve positive outcomes.
- The successful candidates will share Northumberland councils’ vision of a council that works for everyone and incorporates its values.
- The candidates will have excellent report writing and communications skills and be able to communicate confidently and effectively with a wide range of service users, professionals and providers. The team comprises of 6 highly skilled social workers and has strong commissioning links. The team members are very supportive and inclusive and encourage the sharing of knowledge and skills to discuss case work and o offer safe, robust, appropriate and cost-effective.
- The successful candidates will work county wide offering consultation and delivering and training Adult social care community teams, to carry out project and development work and will complete high quality care act and occupational assessments working with the team to share knowledge and skills ensuring that care plans are person centred and meet the clients needs effectively and robustly.
- Case work will cross all Adult Social care services Care and support, mental health, learning disability services, head injury services and transition case work. As well as carrying out of county Care management reviews.
- A social work qualification and valid SWE registration
- Knowledge of working with Adults and issues around working with families/carers and providers.
For more information, please see the attached job description and person specification. For an informal conversation, please contact Vicky Robinson, Senior Manager on 07966490573
Northumberland is world-renowned as a visitor destination and an ideal location to strike a perfect work/life balance. There is no better way of enjoying the picturesque scenery and stunning coastline than on an everyday basis!
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme (if applicable) – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- A range of salary sacrifice schemes are available
- Staff networks - run by staff, for staff, providing opportunities for peer networking, mutual support, staff development e.g. Apprenticeship, Armed Forces, ASD, Enable (disability), LGBT+, Menopause, Mental Wellbeing, Racial Equality
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format, please see the alternative methods below. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, and other websites, your application process will be directed to our Tribepad system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered on Tribepad, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Please check your emails regularly, including Spam/Junk, after the closing dates for notifications.