We are looking for an Estate Officer to join our team which delivers the best customer focused tenancy sustainment service to Northumberland County Council tenants.
You will support in the management of Northumberland County Councils 8,500 stock of tenanted homes, the Estates Team provide a proactive service in supporting customers sustain their tenancies. The Estate Team consists of 11 Officers each with a geographical patch containing a mix of property types.
You will deliver effective tenancy management to customers within a defined geographical area, and be a key point of contact for customer to deliver a range of tenancy management services, including changes in tenancies, property inspections, tenancy breaches and estate management. Carry out home visits to all customers on a regular, planned basis to identify and assist with any issues that may support the sustainability of the tenancy.
- You will be a highly motivated, customer focused individual who thrives on making a positive difference to others, the successful candidate will work well with others and be able to form strong partnerships.
- You will also being responsible for planning and conducting regular inspections of the neighbourhood in partnership with customers, Councillors, Police and Local Services.
- Develop a continuous action plan to ensure that the neighbourhoods are maintained as safe and attractive places.
- You will be responsible for the matching and allocation of properties and then arranging and carrying out accompanied viewings, ensuring all sign ups of new tenancies including garage tenancies are carried out in a timely manner to maximise rental income and minimise potential rent loss.
- Actively develop and promote resident engagement at a neighbourhood level, attending meetings and other activities where appropriate including those which occur outside of normal office hours.
- Ability to drive as an Estate Officer your duties involve travelling to sites throughout the county on a regular basis, flexibility to work occasional evenings or weekends to accommodate business needs.
You will be office based at Compass House, Blyth, Northumberland, NE24 2BE.
With a salary of £29,269 - £32,076 (Band 6) per annum.
The role is a full-time permanent position.
For further information about this vacancy, please contact Louise Landreth at Louise.Landreth@northumberland.gov.uk or call 07709715045 for an informal discussion
Why choose us?
Northumberland is world-renowned as a visitor destination and an ideal location to strike a perfect work/life balance. There is no better way of enjoying the picturesque scenery and stunning coastline than on an everyday basis!
Northumberland County Council’s (NCC) vision is “To make Northumberland a county which you regard as a great place to live, in which you can access the activities you enjoy, whilst having the opportunity to learn and thrive”.
For further information about NCC, please visit our website.
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- Car leasing scheme
Please note that this is a full time permanent position but applications on a secondment or part-time basis would be considered for the right applicant. For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please check the Northumberland Council website.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview, please also let the team know. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, and other websites, your application process will be directed to our Tribepad system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered on Tribepad, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Please check your emails regularly, including Spam/Junk, after the closing dates for notifications.