An opportunity has arisen for a forward-thinking Environmental Health Officer to become part of the Public Protection Service’s Commercial Team. You will effectively deliver programmed food hygiene inspections, investigate infectious disease cases and outbreaks, respond to complaints, service requests and enquiries, taking necessary enforcement action to improve standards and protect public health.
- Experience across the broad spectrum of environmental health would be desirable.
- You will be an excellent team player and a competent individual used to dealing with complex routine and reactive case work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including negotiation and presentation are essential.
- The successful candidates will possess a relevant qualification in Environmental Health to degree standard or equivalent, have or be working towards EHRB certificate of registration or equivalent, and preferably significant post qualification food safety experience with relevant CPD. Consideration will be given to qualified applicants who may currently be working within other fields of Environmental Health.
- The posts are based in Cramlington, but will involve travel throughout the County. Applicants must be able to meet the transport requirements of the posts and as such have a valid UK divers license and the use of a vehicle.
We are offering
A starting salary between £33,099 - £41,418 (depending upon experience and qualifications.)
You will be based out of West Hartford Fire Station, but will work across the full county.
For further information about these vacancies, please contact Mark Mitchell, Tel: 07764 974984, email: email@example.com or Robert Graham, Tel: 07500 782209 email: firstname.lastname@example.org or an informal discussion.
Why choose us?
Northumberland is world-renowned as a visitor destination and an ideal location to strike a perfect work/life balance. There is no better way of enjoying the picturesque scenery and stunning coastline than on an everyday basis! Northumberland County Council’s (NCC) vision is “To make Northumberland a county which you regard as a great place to live, in which you can access the activities you enjoy, whilst having the opportunity to learn and thrive”.
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- Car leasing scheme
For further information about NCC, please visit our website. Please note that this is a permanent position but applications on a secondment or part-time basis would be considered for the right applicant.
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please check the Northumberland Council website. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email email@example.com or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview, please also let the team know. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, and other websites, your application process will be directed to our Tribepad system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered on Tribepad, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Please check your emails regularly, including Spam/Junk, after the closing dates for notifications.