An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Enquiry and Referral Coordinator Team based at Foundry House in Bedlington.
The Enquiry and Referral Coordinators:
- are the first point of contact for members of the public and other agencies.
- They provide information, advice and support to service users, carers and families both verbally and in written format.
- The team act as a first line duty worker for cases open to Adult Social Care where the social worker or care manager is absent and are able to redirect the public to other services when appropriate.
- The Enquiry and Referral coordinators interact and liaise with local agencies/providers and aim to help the most vulnerable people to keep safe and well 24 -7.
- The team help to manage risk, aggression, conflict and challenging behaviour as appropriate to the grade consulting as required and record their work appropriately in accordance with statutory and council requirements and to use information technology appropriately.
You will need to be able to work well within a team and independently, have good time management skills and an ability to prioritise. You also need strong interpersonal and communication skills and be enthusiastic about ensuring the Northumberland County Council values of Residents first, excellence and quality, keeping the communities safe and well and respect.
The role is 30 hours per week and is fixed term for 3 years. Salary – Band 5 £26,421 - £28,770 (pro rata for part time employees).
For further information on this position please see the attached job description and person specification.
For an informal conversation please contact Judith Downey on firstname.lastname@example.org
Northumberland is world-renowned as a visitor destination and an ideal location to strike a perfect work/life balance. There is no better way of enjoying the picturesque scenery and stunning coastline than on an everyday basis!
Northumberland County Council’s (NCC) vision is “To make Northumberland a county which you regard as a great place to live, in which you can access the activities you enjoy, whilst having the opportunity to learn and thrive”.
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme (if applicable) – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- A range of salary sacrifice schemes are available
- Staff networks - run by staff, for staff, providing opportunities for peer networking, mutual support, staff development e.g. Apprenticeship, Armed Forces, ASD, Enable (disability), LGBT+, Menopause, Mental Wellbeing, Racial Equality
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see the attached guidance notes here
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email email@example.com
or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format, please see the alternative methods below. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
Alternative application format:
For those with speech difficulties or hearing loss: Text relay service
dial 018001 01670 623930
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, and other websites, your application process will be directed to our Tribepad system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered on Tribepad, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Please check your emails regularly, including Spam/Junk, after the closing dates for notifications.