ROLE OF THE JOB
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, reporting to a Senior Structures Engineer you will be involved in;
- Design and Project Management of new highway structures and bridge strengthening and refurbishment schemes
- Preparation of detailed design calculations to British Standards, Eurocodes and relevant design guidance notes
- Production of technical reports and feasibility studies
- Design calculations in 3D software packages
- Responding to client requests for information
- Day-to-day support to colleagues from other disciplines within the office
- Attend team meeting with both internal and external disciplines
- Site measurements, surveys and inspections
- Preparing drawings and specifications
- Preparing Pre construction contract documents
REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
- HNC, ONC. B.Tech Professional Diploma or equivalent standard in civil or structural engineering
- Experience in assisting the design and delivery of highway related construction projects
- The ability to converse easily with Elected Members, senior management, clients and customers and provide accurate advice is essential for the role
NCC INFO AND BENEFITS
Northumberland is world-renowned as a visitor destination and an ideal location to strike a perfect work/life balance. There is no better way of enjoying the picturesque scenery and stunning coastline than on an everyday basis!
Northumberland County Council’s (NCC) vision is “To make Northumberland a county which you regard as a great place to live, in which you can access the activities you enjoy, whilst having the opportunity to learn and thrive”.
For further information about working for NCC, please visit our website here.
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme (if applicable) – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- A range of salary sacrifice schemes are available
- Staff networks - run by staff, for staff, providing opportunities for peer networking, mutual support, staff development e.g. Apprenticeship, Armed Forces, ASD, Enable (disability), LGBT+, Menopause, Mental Wellbeing, Racial Equality
Please note that this is a full time position but applications on a secondment or part-time basis would be considered for the right applicant.
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see the attached guidance notes here
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format, please see the alternative methods below. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
Alternative application format:
For those with speech difficulties or hearing loss: Text relay service
dial 018001 01670 623930
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, and other websites, your application process will be directed to our Tribepad system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered on Tribepad, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Please check your emails regularly, including Spam/Junk, after the closing dates for notifications.