Northumberland Adolescent Service (NAS)
Northumberland County Council have several exciting opportunities within Northumberland Adolescent Service, we are looking for, creative and passionate individuals who want to work with young people and their families making a different to their lives.
Northumberland Adolescent Service is a multi-disciplinary service committed to placing children and young people at the heart of all we do and aim to provide a quality service that provides positive outcomes. The service is county wide and supports young people who are cared for, care leavers, 16+ who are homeless as well as those young people are open to the criminal justice system, on the cusp of offending or have substance misuse needs.
Are you the right person to help us to develop a brighter future for our young people, please see below the current opportunity available within the service:
Band 6 Accommodation Support Worker:
Are interested in supporting young people to develop the skills they need to live independently. Are you a creative individual who can provide support to young people living both within semi-independent and independent accommodation, progressing referrals, progressing plans to achieve positive outcomes.
Northumberland County Council will provide you with excellent support and supervision together with genuine opportunities for personal development. For further information about these roles please contact:
Accommodation Support Worker - Ginny Younger, Accommodation Team Manager via email or telephone: Email - email@example.com
Mobile - 07966 333119
Closing Date: Monday 19th February 2024
Short Listing: Friday 23rd February 2024
NAS Virtual Presentation: Friday 1st March 2pm via Teams
Interviews: Friday 8th March 2024
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme (if applicable) - up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- A range of salary sacrifice schemes are available
- Staff networks - run by staff, for staff, providing opportunities for peer networking, mutual support, staff development e.g. Apprenticeship, Armed Forces, ASD, Enable (disability), LGBT+, Menopause, Mental Wellbeing, Racial Equality
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see the attached guidance notes here.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format, please see the alternative methods below. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
Alternative application format:
British Sign Language: northumberlandcc-cs.signvideo.net
For those with speech difficulties or hearing loss: Text relay service dial 018001 01670 623930
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, and other websites, your application process will be directed to our Tribepad system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered on Tribepad, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Please check your emails regularly, including Spam/Junk, after the closing dates for notifications.